6 Jun 2015

At least we had the view

We all have to take decision but sometimes we don't like the decision that we have to take. This night I had to take such one. The glacier from Furi all the way to the  Monte Rosa hut had absollutely no snow cover and we had to carry our ski all the way. This delayed us by over 2.5h. We arrived to the hut around 4.20. We were still 7h from the summit. I needed

1 Jun 2015

Preparing the spring summits

Finally some stable high pressure situation seems to be arriving over Switzerland which means I might finally get my "two days really good weather window" to try some bigger summits. To be ready today on my way to Bern I took a secondary road over the Oberalp pass (where the Rhine is born) instead of the motorway so I quickly go for a mini check of all the gear. That is also one of the

Expandyourplayground18 May 2015

NW bottom to top an back

One of the advantages of being self-employed is that you can trade a Sunday for a Monday if the Sundays weather doesn't seem nice. That is exactly what I did... But since I'm talking about weather let me give you some background information first. Thursday Eliane and I went ski-touring in Zermatt to get some acclimatization for Saturday's project. I wanted to give a shot at a very big summit, the canton Valais. But, and